Thread: D3 To Close Auction House

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    They did.. Once I got past the login screen I hardly recognized the game b/c of all the new options available. Guess D3 was such an epic fail they tried everything to safe the sinking ship. When all they needed to do in the first place was not include the RMAH. What made the Diablo franchise so special was playing with your friends on all-night runs to grab new awesome loot. You remember those days brother....

imo Activision got greedy when they saw all the money guys were making on sites like ebay selling lances for $300 so they invented the RMAH and sold that concept to the "sheep" who question nothing with the guise of "protecting the player" from online scams. Then Bobby Kodick got really greedy and stopped dropping awesome loot ingame. So the only place to get it was the RMAH. THEN Bobby Kodick went beyond greedy and not only continued to stop dropping loot ingame, but they kept changing the dynamics of the game. In other words, the awesome loot you just paid $35 million for yesterday wasn't so awesome today, so off you went back to the RMAH selling your old stuff, and buying new stuff.

This is why D3 went belly up in the commode of bad games...

Name:  Bobby Sux.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  111.7 KB

PG LANS Attended
    So does that mean, now that the RMAH is gone, the game is the way it should be now? With all these changes that are being talked about, I'm wanting to jump back in.

Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Same here.. The game has changed dramatically since I last played it. And the new expansion, "Reaper of Souls" might be fun. For now I gotta relearn the game to figure out what to buy with the money I have in the Auction House since I can't get it out. Here's my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I.../hero/41575687

PG LANS Attended
    Looks like Blizz figured out that dropping the RMAH and putting loot back into the game is a worthy endeavor; it appears they released a patch that includes "Loot 2.0.1". Source
    Last edited by InSaNeOldGuy; 03-10-2014 at 03:58 PM.

PG LANS Attended
    Don't forget... March 18th at 3am PT the RMAH is closing down.... (info here)
    Last edited by InSaNeOldGuy; 03-17-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Thread Information