Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN

1. #1 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Jordan and I have decided to add BF: Bad Company 2 to the 2010 LAN; effectively replacing Crysis:Wars. We've been considering replacing Crysis for some time; mainly b/c it's an older game that new LAN attendees will not be willing to purchase, but also nobody plays multiplayer Crysis:Wars anymore online. We considered Crysis2 (supposedly coming out in March), which by most accounts claims to fix the hacking that went on in multiplayer C:Wars, but honestly the game just seems to have a bad reputation.

We believe that adding a new game like BF:BC2 will promote more interest in the LAN. It's got DX11 support, which will make the game hugely desirable for guys that have new vid cards, and the Battlefield genre has always commanded a solid following. Developer DICE is well liked and respected by the gaming community. This is obviously a "roll of the dice" on our part, but from what we've seen so far, we believe that multiplayer BF:BC2 will be awesome. Just the chance to play an updated version of Wake Island in DX11 in Rush mode warrants this addition to the 2010 LAN.
    Last edited by InSaNeOldGuy; 06-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.

2. #2 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    Cool Main!!! Anyoneplayed Modern Warfare 2 yet ? The game play and hit boxes are dead on and its fun. The only knock I have is the gay way you find games, rather then seeing a server query list the game puts groups together unless your doing a private match.

Gonna have to uninstall something though, I have an anti virus Office and spyware program, and the rest of my 150 gig harddrive is full from games lol!!! :mrgreen:

3. #3 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    Cool beans if steam goes pre-order I will grab it too so that I can be in the beta as well. Hopefully it does suck balls, also I own a copy of MW2 if you want to play add me to your friends list and we can party up. See you guys at the LAN just be prepared for the Houston room to kick your ass :)

4. #4 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    Webmaster, Lead Server, Network, Media and Tournament Admin Jordo's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    I really like Modern Warfare 2 for ps3/360 but as far as PC goes it totally bites the big one because of the lack up dedicated servers, WTF were they thinking when they did that?

Anyways, we are SUPER pumped about BC2 and I've always loved playing the Battlefield series, never disappointed!
    BAWLZ DEEP ALL DAY, EVERY DAY !

5. #5 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    Yup, I have BF2 and 2142 still installed. I thinks its still the best game to ever incorporate land sea and air fighting into one game. So this new one shouldn't dissapoint.

6. #6 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    this is halarious but what's even funnier is how I'm going to own both of you?

7. #7 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    too funny... gonna be one awesome LAN this year ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. #8 Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 added to 2010 LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    ROFL!

Thread Information