Thread: The Division Beta Signup

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg1 View Post
    Looks like the servers are up, so I should be on this evening trying it out.
    Nope, they're exclusive to XBONE for a day and we get access in the morning.

Webmaster, Lead Server, Network, Media and Tournament Admin Jordo's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChief View Post
    Using the previous post, I was able to get another Beta key if someone needs it.
    You still got that beta key? I was going to load it on my other machine so my brother in law can play with us. PM it to me if you still got one.
    BAWLZ DEEP ALL DAY, EVERY DAY !

PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    You still got that beta key? I was going to load it on my other machine so my brother in law can play with us. PM it to me if you still got one.
    Just PM'd you my extra Beta key for The Division.

Let me know if it works correctly.
    QuakeCon: 2009 (General), 2010 - 2014 (BYOC), 2015 (QdQ), 2016 (UAC)
    QuakeCon Volunteer: 2010 (cabling), 2014 -2016 (tournament setup)
    PowersGaming LAN: Nov 2016
    Peace Love & Rockets: PLR 15, PLR 16
    FadeCon: 2015, 2016, 2017
    PAX South: 2015
    Dreamhack Austin: 2016 (Founder)

Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Been busy with work the last few days...

Did you guys play last night ? How was it ?

PG LANS Attended
    Well the main story line part of the beta is super short (which is expected since it's a beta obviously). Seems to run pretty well. I didn't really run into many huge frame drops at all. The graphics are decent but from what Neg said, they're not fully enabled on ultra and they are supposed to be a lot better in the final product.

The main part seems to be what's called the Dark Zone. It's basically a multi-player world with its own missions and story line with PvP enabled. It even has its own ranking system. I spent about 30 minutes inside before giving up since it seems like it was nearly impossible to survive solo as you get rekt by people running in groups. From what I've gathered the best loot is in here and it's where you can farm for the good stuff. Really interested in trying to get a group together and run around in there.

The AI could use some work. The enemies aren't super retarded but sometimes they do weird things. I also ran into one glitch where there are enemies inside a building and either two of them spawn in the wrong location or they glitch out because they spawn in a corner outside the building and you can just run up to them and they won't even shoot you. It's kind of funny actually. Even if you start shooting them, they just keep yelling at you and never shoot back.

The menu system is a bit strange. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it seems to really not like you clicking on things to change them. A lot of them you have to actually use the keyboard. Not that big a deal but something that could be frustrating at first. Also the mouse sensitivity is retardedly high. I had to turn mine down to 1% and even then, it's still faster than I'd like. Going between this and CSGO threw me off for a bit.

I think the biggest annoyance to me would have to be opening crates/packs/doors. Most of the time it would glitch out and never open them unless you were directly in front of whatever you were trying to open. It would just get stuck in this weird animation. Sometimes it would do that even if you were directly in front of the door. There were also a few glitches that let you open something more than once. There was a fridge in a house that I ended up being able to open like 4 times and get something each time. Not sure if that's by design or not since I got an item each time.

It definitely has promise. I didn't play much last night since after you finish the main beta mission, the only thing left is the Dark Zone.

Thread Information