Thread: Why I will no longer be pre-ordering

1. #1 Why I will no longer be pre-ordering 
    PG LANS Attended
    Basically, in its current state, The Division has zero anti-cheat for multiplayer. According to this submission on reddit:

Almost all stats (excluding currencies and health) are calculated and stored on the client, and server just accepts it without any checking. You can have unlimited ammo in a mag, super-speed (this, actually causes players to go invisible also), any desired critical chance, no recoil, unlimited medkits and nades and so on and on.
    This is the same way Rockstar did multiplayer for GTA5 and it has so many hackers that online is not even playable 99% of the time. With how much of this game revolves around the Dark Zone multiplayer, I cannot justify giving my money to Ubisoft until they come up with a solution and a clear showing that they have taken steps to prevent this type of cheating/hacking.

So far all they have said is they are aware of the cheating issues and are doing doing something about it and told us not to worry. Except they couldn't say exactly what they were doing...I already have trust issues with Ubisoft so until they show that they have taken steps to deter hackers/cheaters, I will not be giving them any of my money for this game.

Edit: Video of what to expect: https://vid.me/7LWi

Edit2: Update from Ubisoft:

Agents,

Over the last few days, we have seen an unprecedented level of interest for the Closed Beta. We are looking into your feedback with care and we are thrilled by your passion and enthusiasm!
    We are aware of the cheating issues in the Closed Beta on PC. The team is fully committed to providing solutions against this and a system will be in place to ensure a fair experience for players when the game is released on March 8.

Thank you all for your feedback and your amazing support!
    I mean it's good to know they're working on it but until I see they actually fixed it, I'm not buying the game.
    Last edited by ryan3243; 02-01-2016 at 11:17 PM.

PG LANS Attended
    Played the game for a few hours and it was not really something that appealed to me. Not a big fan of third-person shooters. The reports of players taking advantage of game fallacies is rampant now. Even if the changes are made to make the game play fairer, I will probably be passing on this one.
    QuakeCon: 2009 (General), 2010 - 2014 (BYOC), 2015 (QdQ), 2016 (UAC)
    QuakeCon Volunteer: 2010 (cabling), 2014 -2016 (tournament setup)
    PowersGaming LAN: Nov 2016
    Peace Love & Rockets: PLR 15, PLR 16
    FadeCon: 2015, 2016, 2017
    PAX South: 2015
    Dreamhack Austin: 2016 (Founder)

PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChief View Post
    Played the game for a few hours and it was not really something that appealed to me. Not a big fan of third-person shooters. The reports of players taking advantage of game fallacies is rampant now. Even if the changes are made to make the game play fairer, I will probably be passing on this one.
    I'm sure those issues will be fixed in the final product. I really enjoyed playing and definitely want to buy it but not until I see they actually have some sort of cheat detection/anti-cheat. GTA5 online is pretty much unplayable in a public server due to the amount of cheater and I'd hate to drop full price on yet another game where half of it (and a very big half) isn't playable. As soon as I see they've fixed it, I'll probably be picking it up.

Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan3243 View Post

until I see they actually fixed it, I'm not buying the game.
    same here.. time to take a stand against this stuff.

Thread Information