Thread: Battlefield Hardline Practically Dead

1. #1 Battlefield Hardline Practically Dead 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Name:  BF Hardline Masks.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  33.4 KB

Saw this article earlier and wasn't surprised as this game sux so bad it's not even funny. What is funny tho is the guy that wrote the article starts out with this single admission:

"Buying the season pass for Battlefield Hardline was probably a bad investment."

I find it hard to believe that somebody bought this game first and foremost, didn't know a "Season Pass" existed, but anybody that bought that has to be... What's the word I'm looking for here ?

Only reason I posted this thread is I'm hoping that EA/DICE might have learned something from the Hardline Fiasco and maybe BF5 or w/e it's going to be called will be stellar..

Link to Article

PG LANS Attended
    Have to agree with this article. I played some Hardline this evening for the first time and was not impressed at all!

There were only around 8 servers online in total and those were barely full. I went from rank 1 to 8 in about 5 games, but the majority of other players were over rank 100 easily.

Played 2 game modes, hotwire and conquest.

In hotwire, the capture points were vehicles that you simply drove around in to gain points. Not too exciting since all you did was drive around.

The large conquest was actually very small. Only 3 points and the map size was about a block big. Felt more like Call of Duty than Battlefield.

The gameplay is strange and the graphics are not all that impressive. For the successor to Battlefield 4 you would expect the same level of graphic detail or at least a little better. Not at all by a long shot! The graphical details are missing and the textures are not realistic.

Overall, a failed Battlefield game that will be readily forgotten. Even with the free DLC coming out now, the game is just not that interesting.

I sincerely hope that DICE/EA learn from this failure and give their fans something to really sink their teeth into with Battlefield 5. BF4 is still my favorite in terms of graphics and gameplay. There is just no comparison between these two.
    Last edited by NavyChief; 05-04-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    QuakeCon: 2009 (General), 2010 - 2014 (BYOC), 2015 (QdQ), 2016 (UAC)
    QuakeCon Volunteer: 2010 (cabling), 2014 -2016 (tournament setup)
    PowersGaming LAN: Nov 2016
    Peace Love & Rockets: PLR 15, PLR 16
    FadeCon: 2015, 2016, 2017
    PAX South: 2015
    Dreamhack Austin: 2016 (Founder)

Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChief View Post
    I sincerely hope that DICE/EA learn from this failure and give their fans something to really sink their teeth into with Battlefield 5. BF4 is still my favorite in terms of graphics and gameplay. There is just no comparison between these two.
    Couldn't have said it better... I love Battlefield; always have. We used to run a 1942 server in Dallas; was always full. So much fun... Really, really hoping that BF5 is the game we've been waiting for. I believe that with all EA/DICE is doing for BF4 (the continued free DLC, etc.) they've learned their lesson and will deliver on BF5.

Trust is earned however; this doesn't mean I'm going to Pre-Order the game until I know without a doubt that it's fully cooked. Even if I have to skip the beta, still not gonna pre-order till it's well done.

Thread Information