• de_contra

0 0%
  • de_cbble

1 4.17%
  • de_aztec

2 8.33%

Thread: Vote for Maps to be Played at 2009 LAN

1. #1 Vote for Maps to be Played at 2009 LAN 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    This topic has been re-created to allow 4 choices instead of three, as we're now thinking we'll have more players at this LAN, and brackets will need to be deeper. Also, cs_maps cannot be part of the rotation as they're "hostage" maps. (If CT's accidentally kill the hostages, then T's cannot win) You have the option to change your vote at any time prior to Wednesday May 20 at midnight, when this topic will be locked and the top 4 maps become our rotation.

Apologies in advance for the confusion :D

2. #2 Re: Vote for Maps to be Played at Upcoming LAN 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    This is the first time we've ever "voted" on maps; typically we just choose them, and let everybody know in advance so they can practice on those maps. This time it's gonna be interesting b/c we won't know till May 20th exactly what the maps will be, and you can recast your vote at anytime up till we lock this topic. I think guys will do that just to get their best maps into the rotation. Like for instance if you originally put a vote in for say Train or something, and towards the end it only gets a few votes and isn't gonna make the cut, well you might recast that vote to get another map you think might work to your advantage.

We need to make the brackets and see where we're at; the only thing we can promise you is that Dust2 will be in the general rotation and also the OT game. Nothing more equal or as exciting as that map. We'll post up the brackets as soon as we figure out how many teams we'll have, but as of right now it looks like we'll have at least four. We do upper and lower brackets, so you have to lose twice to be out of contention. Everybody starts out on top, in the upper bracket, and upon losing they fall into the lower bracket. That team can still win the whole thing b/c they come back up to play the winner in the Finals. The only caveat to that is the lower bracket winner has to beat the upper bracket winner twice to win. (Upper bracket winner needs only one victory over lower winner to secure a tournament win)

3. #3 Re: Vote for Maps to be Played at Upcoming LAN 
    LAN Member
    PG LANS Attended
    Need less train votes, and more inferno :D

I still have no idea after all these years of which sound on the train map means which locations. I just know theres a plane, a dog barking, a train horn, and some other random stuff. If we end up on train I'll need one of you bad asses to explain to me the locations of the sounds. 8-)

4. #4 Re: Vote for Maps to be Played at Upcoming LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    I would imagine standard competitive rules from...well, somewhere. And those are all any weapon FF on.

5. #5 Re: Vote for Maps to be Played at Upcoming LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by SpAceAcE
    I would imagine standard competitive rules from...well, somewhere. And those are all any weapon FF on.
    Yea.. Space is right. In addition, there will be Fade to Black with no talking. What that means is when you die your computer "fades" to a completely black screen so you cannot see what's going on. You are forbidden to speak when you die.

Other rules would be no "clipping" (boosting a player through a solid layer), no "sling shotting" (boosting off a players head to "shoot" across a plane), bomb plants must not be "floating" and must be defuseable. That said, you cannot diffuse thru a solid object. At the '05 CPL, there was this German team who diffused on Train thru the flatbed car. It's legal in Germany to do that, so they had no idea. They lost that round, got penalized 3 rounds, and lost that match. (They would have won had they not had those 3 rounds taken away).

Cannot restart a round if a player drops, unless in the first minute of play. No pausing of match; even accidentally. PG lost a tournament one time when Jordan and I were in Denver b/c Warmach1ne accidentally hit the "pause" button. We were ahead bigime, but mistakes like that can cost you the tournament. Watch out for the "windows" button as well. If for some odd unknown reason a player drops, the round can be paused at the next freezetime only.

Cannot leave a match early. Everybody must stay in the match and play out until it's over. (A match is considered "Complete" once one team wins sixteen 16 rounds) Only one "dead round" per half. Home team picks the side they want. This would be who is on top of the bracket in LAN play. Typically slots are filled based on how well you did during the season, and at past LAN events. This is voted on by tournament admins. At this LAN, we randomly pick who gets what slot, so when you look at the brackets and see your team against another team, whoever is on top of that bracket is "Home Team".

Overtime consists of two 5 round halves and startmoney is 16k. Keep playing till somebody wins; there are no "ties". We'll post something up on the site as we get more time, and we'll go over all this stuff before the tournament on Saturday morning.

6. #6 Re: Vote for Maps to be Played at Upcoming LAN 
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPowers
    You are forbidden to speak when you die.
    Oh man, thats new. Are we going to have vent set up this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPowers
    You are forbidden to speak when you die.

no "clipping" (boosting a player through a solid layer), no "sling shotting" (boosting off a players head to "shoot" across a plane), bomb plants must not be "floating"
    wow, I've never even heard of any of that stuff. Guess I've been out of the counterstrike game for longer than I thought.

7. #7 Re: Vote for Maps to be Played at Upcoming LAN 
    Webmaster, Lead Server, Network, Media and Tournament Admin Jordo's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Haha, I remember all of those exploits...
    BAWLZ DEEP ALL DAY, EVERY DAY !

Thread Information