Thread: Diablo III - Online Only, Still Buying?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Diablo III - Online Only, Still Buying? 
    LAN Member
    PG LANS Attended
    Looks like D3 will require a persistent connection.
    http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124112/di...tions-and-more
    I'm not a fan of being forced to authenticate just to play single player, so this I'll probably be skipping this one.

PG LANS Attended
    Yeah Still buying for sure, what's the difference really? Oh I have to enter my username to play, hmm ok o.o

PG LANS Attended
    Eh, I've had both previous versions, don't know if i'll get this yet or not. I think I'll be knee deep in BF3 for a while.

http://www.instituteofman.com
    Educate Yourself Think for Yourself Take Responsibility for Yourself

PG LANS Attended
    meh become meeehhhh.

PG LANS Attended
    No big deal. If anyone was at all serious about playing Diablo II, then they played online anyway, in a group. Trading items, Baal runs, Secret Cow level, ect. COWZZZZZ!

Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by freqster View Post
    COWZZZZZ!
    hahaha.. had forgotten about the secret cow level.

PG LANS Attended
    grumble grumble. I'm sure I'll buy it. The online only thing doesn't bother me at all, but the auction house for real money thing does.

Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    What bothers the Space (myself included) is that BLIZZARD is making money off the in-house auctions: They charge a fee to list an item, another fee to sell it, and then there's some "soon to be named" company that will charge yet ANOTHER fee for you to get your money. It's Activision Bullshit once again, and ppl are getting sick of being RumpWrangled for $$$ everytime they turn around.

If Activision/Blizzard really respected the community, OR their future business, they'd take the huge profits they're making and put that money into development. But they think they're invincible, that they can do whatever the heck they want, and you, the stupid buttpirated gamer, will just bend over and take it like you have for years.

See that article two posts up ? It explains the whole thing: "Why do previously-smart companies end up making dumb choices, and why do they feel comfortable telling their customers to suck it ? It’s because they believe that they are unassailable. Where most companies work hard to find, engage, and retain customers, it tends to be the case that dominant companies start to believe that they will always dominate, and of course they don’t..."

"There is always a competitor waiting to offer a more tolerable product. Given sufficient choice, players will eventually take that choice, and they will always prefer the choice that involves the least friction. Indeed, many would-be Diablo players on Twitter are today declaring that they have had enough of Blizzard and are looking to the Torchlight franchise (which is broadly the same kind of game as Diablo) instead."

Last edited by InSaNeOldGuy; 06-24-2013 at 03:35 AM.

PG LANS Attended
    I'm not buying anymore blizzard games because of SC2, MAYBE if they come out with something new but d3 sounds like more of the same. Play it once then keep grinding to get l33t lute drops!

PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharacon View Post
    I'm not buying anymore blizzard games because of SC2, MAYBE if they come out with something new but d3 sounds like more of the same. Play it once then keep grinding to get l33t lute drops!
    yeah, but that was the same for Diablo I and II, and thoes games were huge. I will jump on the wagon for this one. My wife and I enjoyed playing DII together.

Thread Information