Thread: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Bro... Read my posts above. In every tournament, no matter what game you play, you will always attack AND defend on the same map. Everything will work out.. Just trust us on this; ain't our first rodeo ;)

2. #22 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPowers
    Bro... Read my posts above. In every tournament, no matter what game you play, you will always attack AND defend on the same map. Everything will work out.. Just trust us on this; ain't our first rodeo ;)
    all right. Going to the gym now :). See you guys on later tonight.
    As always I might sound kinda aggressive when I post but please read it the most friendly form as possible. I'm just passionate.

Jason can you further explain that thought? what would happen in the case that a team loses on defense and wins on attack? do they play again until somebody wins defense and attack in a row?
    I'm a very curious brother :).

3. #23 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    LAN Member
    PG LANS Attended
    The year we played BF: Vietnam it was the same scenario. For some reason they made all the maps historically correct, which in turn made every map one-sided. We ended up determining the winner by other variables such as kill totals. It was basically whoever could get more kills on the winning side of the map, and who could get less deaths on the losing side, if that makes sense.

I like Aarons' idea about counting the MCOM stations, or maybe we could revert to kill totals. All I'm saying is there will be a way to determine a winner on the one-sided maps.

I wish we had some more time for strats though; that for me was the seperating factor of playing next to someone and playing from your own house. Sitting down with your team and coming up with a strategy together was always fun. Coming up with strats before you know who your team is doesn't make sense to me; you won't know your team's strength and weaknesses.

Either way, it's Jason and Jordo's event, and I have the upmost trust in their judgement and I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes.

4. #24 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    PG LANS Attended
    Are we scheduling poop breaks?

5. #25 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    Operations Manager, Online Server Admin, Event Setup Administrator InSaNeOldGuy's Avatar
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone
    The year we played BF: Vietnam it was the same scenario. For some reason they made all the maps historically correct, which in turn made every map one-sided. We ended up determining the winner by other variables such as kill totals. It was basically whoever could get more kills on the winning side of the map, and who could get less deaths on the losing side, if that makes sense.

I like Aarons' idea about counting the MCOM stations, or maybe we could revert to kill totals. All I'm saying is there will be a way to determine a winner on the one-sided maps.

I wish we had some more time for strats though; that for me was the seperating factor of playing next to someone and playing from your own house. Sitting down with your team and coming up with a strategy together was always fun. Coming up with strats before you know who your team is doesn't make sense to me; you won't know your team's strength and weaknesses.
    You should post this over in the "BC2 Tournament Rules Discussion" thread where we're working to determine a decent set of rules for BC2. We probably need to make another adjustment to include time for strats.

Quote Originally Posted by SpAceAcE
    Jordan was telling me to make the tournament as realistic as possible... When the Marines stormed Iwo Jima, did they take "poop breaks" ??

6. #26 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPowers
    We're excited too Aaron... Apologies for both of us not being online at all; soooo much to do. Jordan has been working on t-shirts; I've been putting the house together. Still varnishing tables lol, so we're a bit behind :\ But it will all come together, and we can promise you this: Last year is nothing compared to this year !!
    Jason school ends next week. Is there anything i can do to help before the lan?

7. #27 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    PG LANS Attended
    Thanks brother... May have to take you up on that. I've got some help from Gina (zpizza) and Linda (neighbor). We got a lot done over the weekend. Still much to do outside of the venue tho; meals have to be planned (not what we're going to eat, but how we're going to cook and serve). T-shirts must be finalized this week, beer and bawls orders turned in. Next week is when we round everything up. Lookin' good... ;)

8. #28 Re: 2010 LAN Changes and Updates 
    PG LANS Attended
    Quote Originally Posted by SpAceAcE
    Call your mommy. jk. ;)

2015:4960x,32GB,Shuttle SX79R5,980 GTX SC,VG248QE
    2014:4770k,16GB,Rampage VI Impact,780Ti SC,ST45SF-G,Vertex4 1TB,VG248QE
    2013:3960x,64GB,X-Power II,780Ti SC,Xeno Pro,XFX 1250W,Revodrive 240GB,U3014
    2012:3960x,32GB,X-Power II,N680GTX,Xeno Pro,XFX 1250W,Vertex4 1TB,3008WFP
    2011:980x,24GB,Rampage IV Gene,EAH6970,X-Fi HD,Xeno Pro,ZM1000-HP,X25-M,3008WFP
    2010:Q9450S,8GB,GF9300,HD4850,X25-M,3008WFP
    2009:QX6800,16GB,P5Q Premium,HD4850,X-Fi Fatality,Killer K1,3007WFP-HC

Thread Information